Big Piece of Moon – level 1
A lunar meteorite falls down to Earth. This is thousands of years ago. Last year, people find this meteorite. They find it in Mauritania. This is a country in north western Africa.
The meteorite is 5.4 kilograms heavy. It is much bigger than other lunar meteorites. Most lunar meteorites are only as big as an apple.
The big meteorite goes on auction. It can sell for 500,000 dollars or more.
Difficult words: lunar (from the moon), meteorite (a rock which falls down from space), ago (before).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos