Big Portrait of Martin Luther King – level 2
Land artist Dario Gambarin created a new work in a field in Italy of a 120-metre long portrait of Martin Luther King.
The portrait marks 50 years since his death. It took the artist seven hours to make. He uses different kinds of tractors and ploughs to create his work.
In a few days, he will erase the picture for farming. The artist also did portraits of Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama and Pope Francis.
Difficult words: mark (celebrate, remember an important day), plough (a thing which a tractor pulls), erase (remove, delete).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos