Big robbery in London – level 1
A “safety deposit box” is a box. This box is for protection. It protects the thing inside it. You can put anything in this box. People put expensive things in these boxes. People keep safety deposit boxes in a vault.
Criminals in London rob a vault. The criminals take 300 deposit boxes. That is a lot. This is a big robbery.
Difficult words: vault (a room which protects safety deposit boxes), rob (to steal/take things from somewhere), robbery (the situation when people rob something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you use a safety deposit box?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos