Big Statue of Pharaoh in Egypt – level 2
Archaeologists in Egypt found an ancient statue. It is very big. They moved it at night. They did not want to be stopped by the daily traffic.
It is a torso. It weights three tons. It is probably a statue of one of the most famous pharaohs in Egypt. Historians think that it is a statue of Ramses II. He ruled Egypt for 60 years over 3000 years ago.
Historians will put the parts of the statue together and restore them at the Egyptian museum in Cairo. An Egyptian-German archaeological team discovered the statue.
Difficult words: ancient (very old), torso (a body without a head, arm and legs), restore (make new again).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.