Biggest bitcoin transaction – level 2
A villa on Bali has been sold in bitcoins. It is the largest bitcoin transaction to date. It cost almost 1,000 bitcoins which is around 600,000 U.S. dollars.
The villa was bought by an anonymous buyer in Texas. The property has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private pool.
The digital currency is not yet legal. Governments of the world may put regulations in place.
Difficult words: to date (until now), anonymous (we don’t know the name of the buyer), property (building).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are bitcoins a good idea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.