Billie Eilish at the Grammys – level 2
Billie Eilish won four top Grammy awards on Saturday night. She was very surprised that she won because she never expected it.
She won for the best album of the year, which she recorded at home with her older brother. Her brother said that he never thought that they could win anything. He said that he was confused and grateful.
Eilish is 18 years old and she is the youngest person to win all four top awards in one year.
She is also the first woman in history to do this. The only artist who won all four awards in the past was Christopher Cross in 1981.
Difficult words: award (a prize), confused (unable to understand something), grateful (feeling very good and thankful after a person gets something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos