Boat Accident in South Korea – level 2
A fishing boat with 22 people on board crashed into a 338-ton tanker in South Korea. The crash happened when the boat was passing under a bridge.
The 10-ton fishing boat then overturned. Twenty-two people were stuck in the ship or fell into the water. No one from the tanker was injured, but 13 people from the fishing boat died. Two people, including the captain, are missing.
Difficult words: overturn (turn over), stuck (not able to get out).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos