Bodies in a Truck – level 1
A truck comes from Belgium to England. Police find 39 people inside the truck. All of the people are dead. They are Chinese. A young man drives the truck. He is now with the police. He cannot leave.
It is a very complicated situation. The police need a lot of time to solve it. They do not have information about the dead people.
The British Prime Minister says that this is a horrible case. The police work very hard. It is the biggest case for them. Chinese officials and Belgian police help, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.