Body on Copacabana – level 2
Parts of a mutilated body washed up on the sands of Copacabana Beach. They were just metres from the place where beach volleyball athletes will compete in the Rio Olympics. The Olympics start on the 5th of August.
The Olympics are happening in South America for the first time ever, but there are some problems. The crime in Rio is rising and the economy is not good. The incident on the beach is yet another stressful situation.
People do not know the details behind the mutilated body yet, but people think that it is part of a right leg and foot.
Difficult words: mutilated (cut, damaged).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos