Boeing Plane Crashes – level 1
Last year, an Indonesian Boeing 737 Max airplane from Lion Air crashes after take off. All of the people on the plane die in the accident.
Some months later, an airplane from Ethiopian Airlines crashes. It is another Boeing 737 Max like the one in Indonesia. After the second crash, all Boeing 737 Max flights stop.
Indonesian authorities tell the families of the victims that their airplane crashes because of a problem in the design. Indonesian officials show a report on the accident. They say that the pilots and airlines are not prepared to use a new software. It is called MCAS. The MCAS software does not work correctly. It makes the crash happen. The investigators also say that the pilots do not understand the software’s alerts.
Difficult words: take off (when an airplane leaves the ground), design (how people make something), prepared (skilled, trained) alerts (An announcement or signal warning of danger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos