Boeing Plane Crashes – level 2
Last year, a Boeing 737 from Lion air crashed in Indonesia, and all of its passengers died. Indonesian authorities told the families of the victims that the crash happened from a flaw in the design.
Investigators said that Boeing did not prepare the pilots for its new software, MCAS, and this software was the reason for the crash. The investigators also blamed the pilots and co-pilots because they were not capable of managing the software alerts during the flight.
Some months later after the crash in Indonesia, another Boeing from Ethiopian Airlines crashed, killing 346 people. The software also caused the second crash. After this second accident, Boeing decided to stop all flights of the Boeing 737 Max.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.