Boy Hits a Painting – level 1
In Taipei, there is an exhibition. It is an exhibition of paintings. Many paintings are by Leonardo da Vinci.
A boy is at the exhibition. He is next to a painting. He is listening to his teacher. He does not look where he’s going. He loses his balance. He pushes a hole in the painting. A camera films this. The painting is worth $1.5 million.
The boy did not want to do this. He is not in trouble. People can fix the painting.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the accident with the painting?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.