Boy survives a cold flight – level 2
A teenage boy from the USA ran away from home. He got to an airport and hid in the wheel of a plane. The plane took off and flew from California to Hawaii.
The plane reached 38,000 feet (11.5 kilometres) and the temperature fell to minus 80 degrees. The boy lost consciousness. But here is something amazing. About an hour after he landed in Hawaii, he woke up. Doctors say that he was not harmed.
Difficult words: consciousness (when you are awake and OK), harmed (injured).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if your child ran away?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.