Brave pizza shop workers – level 2
Two men tried to rob a pizzeria in southern Italy, but they weren’t successful. As they entered the pizza shop, one of them pulled out a pistol and aimed it at the owner.
He fired the gun repeatedly, but it jammed. One of the robbers tried to open the till, but the owner kept fighting. The employees of the pizzeria even broke plates over the robbers’ heads.
Police arrested the two criminals shortly after the incident.
Difficult words: aim (to point a gun in a direction), repeatedly (again and again), jam (stop working).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if you were one of the employees?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos