Breast cancer donations – level 1
Breast cancer is a disease. It is very dangerous.
The pink ribbon is the official symbol of breast cancer. People can wear it. People can wear pink clothing. They show that they care about women with breast cancer.
People also give money to charities and other organizations. People believe that these organizations use the money for cancer help. It is not always true.
There is not law in the US which says that the money must go to help. Some organizations keep the money for themselves.
Difficult words: cancer (a serious disease when some parts in the body start to grow without control), ribbon (a long, narrow piece of fabric), charity (an organization which gives money or things to people who need them).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.