Brexit’s cost – level 1
Brexit is the time when Britain leaves the EU. Brexit happens in January 2020. Since that time, the country has many problems.
More than 370,000 EU workers leave Britain. Few workers are in different business sectors. For example, Britain needs thousands of drivers, nurses, and teachers.
Britain hires some workers from countries outside the EU. They still do not have enough workers. The country’s overall business is smaller. Britain makes less goods and services than before Brexit.
A report says that Brexit costs Britain 120 billion dollars every year. Experts know that this problem can happen. They think that problem will come later. The pandemic and war in Ukraine make bigger problems for the country.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the problems that Britain is having because of Brexit?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.