Bridge Overturn and Kills 7 – level 2
A suspension bridge in Colombia turned upside down. Seven people died and 14 were injured. Five of the dead were adults, and two were younger than 18.
This bridge is popular with tourists. It probably turned upside down because of overload. It happened during a busy three-day holiday weekend.
People carried bodies down on a zip line. The injured went to a local hospital.
Difficult words: suspension bridge (a type of bridge which is on cable/ropes), overload (too much weight on something), zip line (a cable or rope between a higher and a lower point).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.