British Royal Babies – level 2
Kate Middleton had her third child recently. He is a healthy baby boy, and the world is waiting to know his name. This news takes a look at British royal baby traditions.
The royal family does not have much privacy, but things used to be worse. There had to be witnesses at a birth to confirm it. This practice ended in 1948 ahead of the birth of Prince Charles.
Another tradition that ended in the 20th century came with the birth of Prince Edward in 1964.He is the Queen’s youngest child and was the last royal to be born at Buckingham Palace. Prince William became the first heir to the throne to be born in hospital in 1982.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.