Building Falls down – level 3
At least eight people died and eleven others were injured after a four-story building collapsed in Maharashtra, India.
India´s National Disaster Response Force said that the unexpected collapse happened at around 4 am local time, and that rescuers attempted to free dozens of people who believed to be trapped in the rubble.
The building was over 30 years old and due for repairs; however, they could not be carried out because of lockdown restrictions. During monsoon season, building collapses are common as heavy rains weaken the foundations of old or poorly constructed structures. Monsoon rains have triggered deadly flooding in eastern India, affecting more than 2.4 million people.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.