Bus Crash in India – level 2
More than 20 young children died in a bus crash in northern India. The tragedy happened when a truck full of sand collided with the school bus in the early morning. At least twenty-four other children were injured in the collision.
The police said that visibility was low due to dense fog. The children were between the ages of three and twelve and were travelling to school.
The state’s education authorities had closed all schools in the area due to cold weather and authorities need to find out why this school stayed open.
Difficult words: collide (hit), collision (a crash), visibility (ability to see), dense (thick).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos