Bus Crash in India – level 3
More than 20 young children died in a bus crash in northern India. The tragedy occurred when a truck loaded with sand collided with the school bus in the early morning. At least two dozen other children were injured in the collision.
The police said that visibility was low due to dense fog. The children, between the ages of three and twelve, were travelling to school.
The state’s education authorities closed all schools in the district due to a severe cold wave and authorities need to investigate why this school had stayed open.
Difficult words: occur (happen), dozen (twelve), dense (thick).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.