Bus in Forest – level 2
Christopher McCandless was an American adventurer who traveled across North America in 1990s.
In 1992, McCandless travelled to Alaska where he wanted to hunt and farm to get food. He found an abandoned bus in the forest, that he used as a shelter.
However, the weather in Alaska was very bad, and it was not easy to live there. In September 1992, a hunter found McCandless’s dead body. The body was very light, and it seemed that McCandless did not have enough food.
There was a book and a film about McCandless which attracted many adventurers, and they stayed in the bus, too. In February 2020, rescuers saved five Italians, who got in trouble because of bad weather. Authorities took the bus away by a helicopter, because it was too risky for people to use it.
Difficult words: abandoned (something that nobody uses), shelter (a safe place), attract (to be interesting for someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos