California After Fires – level 1
A company called PG&E gives gas and electricity to people in California. In 2017 and 2018 this company accidentally makes big wildfires in California. It is a big problem for local people and for PG&E, too. PG&E loses a lot of money.
Now, over 170,000 people want some money back. This is very difficult. They have very little time. They must ask before next Monday.
Lawyers want to help them. They want more time. Lawyers say that some people do not understand the situation. They do not know what to do. Some people do not think that they can get some money back.
Difficult words: wildfire (a very large and fast fire in the woods or bush), local (people who live in the area), lawyer (a person who works for companies or people to help them in difficult situations).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.