Camera on a Bird – level 3
Scientists mounted a camera on a falcon’s back to study the physics of flight while the birds are hunting.
The videos revealed that the birds use a kind of “motion camouflaging”, as they zigzag, trying to catch their next dinner. The predators also use their wide field of vision to keep their eyes firmly fixed on their prey while they move in the air.
Difficult words: mounted (fixed), camouflaging (hiding), predator (an animal which hunts other animals), prey (an animal which is killed and eaten by another animal).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What strategies do falcons use to help them catch their dinner mid-flight?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos