Canadian woman has a problem – level 2
A woman from Canada did not feel well, so she went to a hospital. Doctors told her that she was only suffering from stress, and they sent her away.
The woman was in her car when the same problems appeared again. She could not feel the left side of her face. It was hard for her to move her arm, as well. The woman was having a mini stroke. She tried to breathe slowly, but it did not help. Later, she visited a different hospital and the doctors helped her there.
Difficult words: stroke (when an artery to your brain is blocked), breathe (to take air into your body and send it out again).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you trust doctors?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos