Capital of Indonesia – level 1
Jakarta is Indonesia’s capital. The city has problems. It is overcrowded. Too many people live there.
There are often traffic jams. People say that traffic jams cost $7 billion a year. Also, the city is sinking. More than one half of it is below the sea. Due to these problems, the Indonesian president decides to move the capital. This can take up to 10 years. It is going to cost $23–$33 billion.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.