Car Bomb in Somalia – level 2
On Saturday, a bomb exploded in a truck in Mogadishu, which is the capital city of Somalia. It was the worst explosion in the last two years, and it targeted a tax center.
It happened at a busy crossroads during the time of day when there were a lot of cars and people in the streets. Officials say that it killed more than 90 people and injured more than 100 people.
No terrorist group said that it was responsible for the attack, but Somalia’s president believes that the terrorist group Al-Shabab did it. Al-Shabab has a connection with another terrorist group, Al-Qaeda, and Al-Shabab carried out another attack in Somalia earlier this year and three attacks last year.
Difficult words: target (to choose something as an object of an attack), responsible (someone who does something bad and it is their fault), carry out (to do a task or an activity).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos