Car buying problems – level 2
Many people are having problems with buying a used or new car. They are strongly feeling the impact of supply chain problems.
COVID-19 in Southeast Asia also caused many factories to stop making car parts. In recent months, the biggest problem was the shortage of technology chips. As a result, many carmakers reduced or stopped making new cars. In the US, the prices of used cars went up by almost 40%, and the situation was similar in many countries.
The pandemic impacted many businesses, but the car businesses had the most problems. Carmakers already said that the situation would continue this fall and next year, too.
Difficult words: supply chain (a network between a company which produces something and the person who buys it), shortage (when there is not enough of something), reduce (to make something less in amount, size, number and so on).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos