Car Companies Help – level 1
The company Ford makes cars. Now, the production changes. Ford starts to make things for hospitals.
Doctors and police officers are in contact with coronavirus patients. Their jobs are very dangerous. They can catch coronavirus easily. They need respirators and face masks. There are not enough respirators for everyone.
Companies want to help. Big US car companies start to make respirators and face shields. Different companies make different parts. They put the parts together. They must plan their work well. They must work fast.
Ford wants to make 100,000 face shields every week. The company also plans to make single-use respirators.
Difficult words: production (the things that a company makes), respirator (a machine that a person wears over the mouth and nose, and it clears the air that the person breathes), face shield (a piece of plastic that covers the eyes, nose and mouth), single-use (a thing that is for one use and then people throw it away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.