Car Companies Help – level 2
The US automaker, Ford, is joining companies 3M and GE Healthcare to produce medical equipment. They want to help fight coronavirus.
Hospital staff and police officers are the first people who look after patients with coronavirus. Their job is very risky because they can catch the virus easily.
Ford is starting to make respirators that protect people from the virus. The company is also helping increase production on ventilators. Ventilators are machines that help patients breathe in hospitals. Ford also wants to make more than 100,000 plastic face shields per week and to make disposable respirators.
The Ford CEO said that the production will be like a puzzle. Ford will make some parts, and other suppliers will make other parts. The companies plan the work together, and they can work very fast.
Difficult words: respirator (a device that a person wears over the mouth and nose, and it protects him from dangerous air), face shield (a piece of plastic that covers the whole face), disposable (for one use).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.