Car Curling – level 2
A car curling tournament happened in Russia. A series of accidents caused by black ice last autumn was the inspiration for the tournament.
Four teams of 10 pushed small cars towards a target painted on an ice rink. Each team had three cars and nine attempts to get the cars as close to the centre as possible.
People removed the heaviest parts of the cars before the event.
Difficult words: tournament (a contest, a sports event), black ice (frozen ice which is on a road and is the colour of the road, so it is hard to see), attempt (a try).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.