Car Drives Into People – level 1
Something bad happens in New York. A car drives the wrong way in Times Square. It goes onto the pavement. It drives into people. It kills a teenager. It injures twenty-two people.
The driver than jumps out of the car. He starts running, but people stop him.
The driver is 26 years old. He is American. His name is Richard Rojas. He was in the army. He drove drunk before.
Difficult words: pavement (the area where people walk), was (past of ‘is’), drove (past of ‘drive’), drunk (with alcohol in the body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos