Car falls into a sinkhole – level 2
A sinkhole opened up on a road in China after a heavy truck passed over the affected area. The collapse of sand under the road’s surface caused this sinkhole.
Cars avoided the sinkhole, but one car’s front wheel ran into it. The driver and the passenger got out of the vehicle in time. A few minutes later, the sinkhole became even bigger and the whole car fell down inside it.
Now, people block this road to repair it.
Difficult words: affected (damaged), collapse (fall), avoid (to keep away from something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this situation?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.