Car is pushed 500 metres – level 3
This shocking CCTV footage captured the moment a freight truck pushed a car 500 metres down a busy road in China. Miraculously, no one was hurt.
The accident happened when the empty freight truck suddenly veered and knocked into the side of a white car, forcing the car to swing around 90 degrees and stop in front of the truck.
The driver claims he didn’t see the car turn in front of him and continued down the road in China’s Xinjiang region despite onlookers waving at him to stop. Luckily, no one was injured.
A police traffic report found the truck driver at fault and the damaged car is undergoing repairs.
Difficult words: freight truck (truck for transporting large amounts of something), veer (suddenly change direction), claim (say something which may be true or false), at fault (responsible for the accident).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos