Car Turns Over – level 3
A man in Maryland, USA was sitting in his car when it flipped over along with other nearby cars from a powerful wind.
A friend of the man described seeing something like a tornado coming. She hoped that the man would be OK, but she received a call from him a moment later only to find out that his car had flipped with him inside.
The man said that he was OK, apart from his foot being cut up. Meteorologists agree with the witness, saying that it was likely a tornado which overturned the cars, tore down trees and utility poles and damaged buildings.
Difficult words: apart (in spite of).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.