Car watches out for kangaroos – level 2
Each year, more than 20,000 cars collide with kangaroos. Volvo has a vision that no one is killed or seriously injured in a new Volvo car by 2020.
Volvo is testing its first kangaroo safety technology. The software uses the car’s radar and camera to watch out for the animals. If there’s danger ahead, the software applies the brakes. The system reacts twice as fast as people.
Difficult words: collide (to hit something else), vision (a plan), brake (a thing which can make the car go slower or stop).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a similar problem in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.