Cash machine stolen with a digger – level 2
A gang used a stolen digger to rob a village shop. The police there released a security video of the attack. The incident happened in England shortly after 1 am.
The criminals drove the digger into the shop. The digger tore apart the shop. It then pulled the cash machine out. Then the criminals placed the machine in the back of a car and drove away. They left the digger at the scene.
This was the fourth similar robbery in the county in the last few weeks.
Difficult words: digger (a large machine which digs and moves earth), tear apart (to pull something into pieces with force), county (an area of a state or country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.