Cat eats food for 1,000 dollars – level 3
It’s the cat that’s got the cream, if cream is 1,000 dollars worth of seafood! This little fella went on a massive sea food binge, as he scoured this shop at an airport in Russia’s Far East.
And this moggie was not picky. The cat had a go at the dried flounder, smoked squid and even tried the dried octopus.
This cat burglar is no stranger to food crime – locals say they’ve seen the homeless ginger moggie before, coming in and having a bite to eat. This time, the shop owners had to write off the entire fish counter because of sanitary rules.
This amateur video has now been viewed online more than half a million times, and some people have been asking how they can find the cat to give it a home. For now, airport officials are keeping an eye out for the feline. Just in case the fishy heaven proves too much of a draw again
Difficult words: fella (“man” or “friend”), binge (to eat too much), scour (look around), moggie (cat), picky (when you choose something you want to eat), flounder (a small flatfish), squid (an animal which looks somewhat like an octopus), sanitary rules (rules about hygiene and health), feline (cat).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos