Cat Festival in Tokyo – level 1
This news is from Tokyo. A cat festival happens there. People dress up as cats. They paint their faces, wear masks, and put on cat ears. They parade through the streets.
A Japanese designer organises this festival. The festival celebrates three things – Halloween, autumn, and cats. The festival is a hit. People look very good.
The Japanese love cats. They have cat cafés and Hello Kitty. People love homeless cats, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like cats?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.