Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld – level 3
Fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld died at the age of 85. He was the creative director of Chanel, and he was a legend who continued working until his last days.
He had been unwell for a number of weeks, and he missed Chanel’s culture show in Paris last month. Born in 1933, he spent an impressive 36 years working at the fashion house and he was well known for this signature suited look.
Difficult words: impressive (so many that you think that it is special), signature (typical for him).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos