Chemicals in Blood – level 1
People use sunscreens to protect their skin from the sun. There is a new study. It says that some chemicals in sunscreens get into people´s blood.
Scientists test four different sunscreens and six chemicals. They find that all six chemicals get into the body. They do not know what these chemicals do to people. It is worrying. Scientists must do more research to understand how chemicals get into the body.
Some chemicals in sunscreens can be dangerous. However, scientists say that the health benefits of sunscreens are bigger than the risks.
Officials must control sunscreens more and check the chemicals in them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.