Chemicals in Blood – level 2
Scientists tested four sunscreen products and their ingredients. Participants of the study applied sunscreen on their bodies for four days.
Scientists found out that six chemicals got into the participants’ blood, and they stayed there for several days.
The amount of these chemicals were higher than the safe limits; however, it is important to use sunscreens. They have health benefits because they protect the skin from dangerous sunburns.
Scientists must do more research to understand how chemicals get into the body and what effects they can have. It is necessary to make rules for sunscreen products and to check the safety of the chemicals that they contain.
Difficult words: sunscreen (a cream that protects the skin from the sun), ingredient (a part of a product), participant (a person who takes part in an activity).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos