Chemicals on the bottom of the sea – level 1
Scientists find high levels of DDT in the sea near California, US. They want to know the source of the DDT. They look for the source on the bottom of the sea. The area is very big.
After some time, the scientists find 25,000 barrels. The barrels have the DDT inside. People think that the barrels are from the time of the Second World War.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.