Children and Electronics – level 1
A British agency writes a report. It says that children are using electronics more and more. Some very young children have tablets. They use them over an hour a day. Some older children use their electronics for many hours a week.
A psychologist says that parents need to set rules. These rules say when and where their children can use their electronics. A mother says that her children argue with her when she asks them to get off the electronics.
No one knows how much time is OK for children to use electronics. However, they should not use them for very long.
Difficult words: electronics (phones, tablets, computers), psychologist (a doctor who helps people with their mind and how they feel), rule (a rule tells you what you can or must not do), argue (say you feel differently and be emotional).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.