Children and Screens – level 2
The World Health Organisation sent out new guidelines on physical activity and sleep for children under 5. The guidelines repeat what many parents already know.
Children should move more, sit less, and get enough sleep to grow up healthy. Children between the ages of 1 and 4 years old should move at least three hours a day. Babies younger than 1 year old should move several times a day.
The WHO says that children between 2 and 4 years old should not spend more than an hour a day watching an electronic screen. Children younger than 2 years old should not look at electronic screens at all.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.