Children get COVID-19 vaccine – level 1
In Israel, children can get a COVID-19 vaccine. More than a half of children older than 11 already get at least one part of it. Now, younger children can get it, too.
About 41% of parents agree. 38% of parents do not agree. 9.4 million people live in Israel. 1.2 million of them are children between 5 to 11 years old.
Experts say that the coronavirus often moves from children to other people. Therefore, they must get a vaccine. Without it, it will be difficult to stop the coronavirus.
The first children get a vaccine in Tel Aviv. Tel Aviv is the second biggest city in Israel. In the past, it is the capital city.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.