Children get COVID-19 vaccine – level 2
Last week on Monday, Israel started vaccinating children between 5 to 11 years old against COVID-19.
The first place was Tel Aviv where parents could bring their children to get the vaccine. TV cameras filmed the children getting the jab, and some of them were smiling while some were crying. According to officials, 41% of parents said that they would vaccinate their children, but 38% said that they would not. More than a half of children,12 or more years old, got at least one jab already.
Israel’s population is 9.4 million people, and it has about 1.2 million children aged 5 to 11. Experts said that to stop the coronavirus, it was important to vaccinate children, too. Officials said that COVID-19 was not usually serious for children, but the virus often moved from them to other people.
Difficult words: jab (an injection into the body which stops someone from getting a disease), population (all the people who live in a place), severe (very bad or serious).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos