Children’s social app – level 3
In Dubai, UAE, parents are building their children’s social circle on a mobile phone app called Play: Date.
The app allows parents to set up online profiles for their children and connect with like-minded friends for a play date. To create an account, parents can select details such as preferred language, interests, and schedules. The app is designed for children up to 12 years old, and to generate revenue, it offers subscribers free vouchers for goods and services from its partner brands.
In 2017, Play: Date was launched, and currently, it has more than 3,500 subscribers. The app connects families in the UAE, the US, and the UK.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What demographic is the Play: Date app designed for and how does it generate revenue?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.