Chinese boy in a washing machine – level 2
Firefighters had to save a young boy in China. He was stuck in a washing machine. Firefighters used shears to open it.
They removed the inside of the washing machine with the boy still inside. They then lifted him out. He was not injured.
His parents said that they were with their guests at home when the boy went to the laundry room. They didn’t know about the boy until they heard him cry out.
Difficult words: shears (big scissors), laundry room (room where you wash clothes), cry out (yell or shout very loudly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Why do Chinese get stuck so often?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.