Chinese man tries to steal – level 2
A man tried to steal a bank’s money. He waited for the bank’s armoured van to arrive. Two men left the van and walked towards the bank. When they were walking through the revolving door, the robber suddenly attacked them.
He sprayed petrol in the face of one man and kicked the other one to the ground. He shot him in the leg. He took the bag of cash, which weighed more than 85 kilograms, and dragged it outside. He tried to put it on his motorbike, but another man from the van shot him. Police arrived at the scene and arrested the 29-year-old robber.
Difficult words: armoured (to be covered with metal plates for protection), revolving door (a type of door which goes in a circle as people pass through it), drag (to pull something with difficulty).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos